- Anyone who is, was, or will ever be a babywearer. Anyone with babies and children in their lives in any capacity; medical professionals, caregivers, educators, folks in the baby industry. Basically everyone!
What is IBC?
- International Babywearing Conference is a gathering of people in the babywearing community that features educational, practical, fun, and informational sessions that relate to babywearing. We are under the umbrella of Babywearing International, Inc. (BWI), a 501(c)3non-profit organization whose mission is to promote babywearing as a universally accepted practice, with benefits for both child and caregiver, through education and support.
Can I bring my child(ren) to sessions? The expo hall?
- Yes! It is easiest to attend sessions with non-walking babies (and there will be care available for those with walking babies and toddlers) but we allow babies and children in any of the spaces the conferences is in.
Are there scholarships for attending?
- Yes! We are raising money to be able to give scholarships to babywearers who are impacting their community and would gain from the knowledge acquired at IBC sessions. Info on how to apply will be available soon!
What kind of swag do I get with registration?
- The first kind of swag is our Digital Swag Bag (or the DSB as we like to call it here at IBC HQ) This will include information, coupons, discount codes, etc to many excellent vendors and sponsors. The great thing about the DSB is that it is available to EVERYONE whether they’re attending IBC or not! It also cuts down on paper waste generated by the conference. We are attempting to be as close to Zero Waste as possible and this is one major way we’re doing that!
- The second kind of swag is our Swag Bag that comes with registration. Inside will be an official Water Bottle of IBC, and many other useful samples and items. In the past we’ve had soft measuring tapes, lip gloss, keychains, wrap scrap bags, coffee koozies, pens, pencils, etc.
I/mychild/spouse/partner have allergies, will there be food items available to us? Will the swag bags be allergen free?
- We have several caregivers on the planning committee that have food allergies and sensitivities in their families. We are working hard to create menus for snack times that are mindful of cross contamination and problematic foods.
- There are many allergy-friendly restaurants in Downtown Des Moines, as well as a local grocery store (Hy-Vee) that is 5 blocks away from the Iowa Events Center.
- Swag Bags will not have any food items in them.
Will the sessions and vendor hall be wheelchair accessible?
- Yes! All sessions are on the same floor in the same area of the IEC. There is an elevator bank right outside the meeting space that goes up to HyVee Halls B & C where the Vendor Hall, Childcare area, Pumping/Feeding room, and hands-on sessions will be held:
- Room 101 (pictured above) will be set up as a low sensory area for when the hustle and bustle of the conference gets to be too much.
Are there diaper changing areas?
- There will be diaper changing stations in all of the bathrooms. Please bring your own supplies.
Are there family restrooms?
Will there be a place to pump milk or feed a baby?
- We will have a room designated for pumping and feeding. There will be a freezer in the room so we will be able to donate milk at the end of the conference.
Where is the closest Starbucks to the vendor hall?
- There is a Starbucks inside the IEC! We will also have coffee, tea and water available to attendees at no charge.